Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Lucia figurative painting #3

Daniel Dollmann
"Spoons"


1.       The narrative shows a couple at ease.   I think the audience that can relate, would be anyone who knows what it’s like to be lost in that moment of bliss, whether it be during or after sex.
2.      
      I feel like this painting is engaging because, the figures have their backs to the viewer, allowing the viewer to guess or create a story line.  What happened here, what are they feeling?  Even though I would invest time in this story line, I might improve the man’s hip pose; most of the painting feels relaxed except for his feet.  The overall position of the figures works, because it keeps the viewers eyes moving from figure to figure. 

3.    
          I think that the colors chosen for the skin give the body a skin like texture, I think that the shadows could be a little darker, and it seems like there is lighting that’s hitting the back of the man and mattress, I can see the lighting on the mattress, but it seems like the lighting should be stronger on the man’s back as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment