Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Homework 3 FigurativePainting- Alise Roybal

Karen Offutt, The Dress, oil on canvas, 


1. She seems to be caught in the moment,  checking herself in the mirror. Adjusting  her dress, perhaps it's new and fixing her hair. It doesn't feel like there is a particular audience in mind.

2. I think the narrative is engaging, it's almost like you walked into the room just as she gets herself ready and judges how she looks. It's an interesting moment, it seems like she could turn around at any minute an acknowledge the viewers presence. I think I would invest in her story, I want to know where she is going, what she is doing, and even why this dress-such a vibrant dress that she seems almost unsure about.

3. I think the image has some great strong highlights and shadows. She is centered and the focus of your attention. Although there isn't fine details the painting still gives you enough information.

No comments:

Post a Comment