Wednesday, September 11, 2013

                                                  "Ascending" by Mark Demsteader oil 52x43

In my eyes this narrative suggests that aesthetic of color can ascend ones presence among viewers. I find that the audience is set out to be those interested in the movement of color and figure. Those who partake in aesthetic healing. This narrative is engages those on the same path as her. Those neighboring can only look in through the window but never be apart of the house "narrative". For me I invested time in the essence of the piece and not the storyline. If strength is what i'm looking for to change in this piece i would say that another form of color at the bottom would help to be present. I feel the strength of the formal elements are dependent on the vibrant color choice. This painting read very easily for me since i have a fascination with color and form.

No comments:

Post a Comment