Monday, November 18, 2013

What is art??? -Jeffrey




What the Hell is Art?

Art is such a broad term to try to define. I always thought art was all popsicle sticks and elmer's glue when I was young, and in a way i was right in thinking that. On the other hand I had no clue that art was as powerful as I have came to see it. now.

When you think of what really influences a culture or a society most people would say it's the food, clothing, and maybe the architecture. The art, not really anything else. I feel like the art defines us as cultures. We appreciate it in many different forms around the world. 

This brings me to wonder what art really is? Is it strictly paint on canvas or graphite on paper? I think no. Anything can be considered art and many things are. Its impossible almost for me to think of something I don't perceive as art. From the finger paintings stored away in a box somewhere to the laptop I type this on. 

I think as artist we must all strive to grasp our own personal interpretations of art, and thus life, because what else s art but a capture of life. Both very complicating terms that I believe have a interconnected relationship that will forever grow with us.









No comments:

Post a Comment